A brochure about what bullying is, warning signs, and tips on what to do for witnesses and victims of bullying.
To view a downloadable version of this brochure, Click Here.
What is Bullying?
Bullying is any deliberate action that inflicts physical or psychological harm on a person. This is a growing problem taking place in middle and high schools all over the United States. Common types of bullying can include:
- Physical bullying: hitting, punching, kicking, stealing or damaging someone’s property
- Verbal bullying: name-calling, teasing, or making insensitive remarks about someone’s sexual orientation, race, gender, etc.
- Cyber bullying: harassment or making fun of someone using digital technologies such as cellphones and social networking sites (like Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr)
- Social bullying: spreading rumors, gossiping, and purposely excluding someone from a particular group
- Sexual bullying: humiliating someone because of their sex, gender or sexual orientation (LGBTQ)
Get the brochure to read more. Tax is included in the price.