Teen Line provides support, resources, and hope to young people through a hotline of professionally trained teen counselors, and works to de-stigmatize and normalize mental health through outreach programs.
Our hotline is open every evening, staffed by highly trained teen volunteers and supervised by adult mental health professionals, to support youth nationwide. Our vision is a world where every young person can find hope.
Teen Line is a 501(c)3 organization and leader in youth mental health that has been in operation for over 40 years.
The Hotline Supervisor is responsible for:
Reporting to the Program Director, the Hotline Supervisor will play a key role in the leadership team of Teen Line.
We are searching for an experienced individual who will be responsible for supervision of teen hotline counselors and mental health professionals during remote and physical hotline shifts, ensuring compliance with program standards, contracts, policies and procedures.
The Hotline Supervisor will work from Sunday through Thursday from 2:30PM-10:30PM at our hotline location in West Los Angeles, with a supervision group on Sundays.
Equity and inclusion are at the core of Teen Line. The Hotline Supervisor will represent Teen Line’s values internally and externally by ensuring that partners and colleagues can collaboratively build a more equitable future together.
- Provides general supervision regarding contact management (triage) and crisis calls, providing support as needed.
- Provides consultation and support to mental health professionals and ensures compliance with policies.
- Assists in identifying training needs relating to crisis response and quality assurance.
- Maintains ‘caller’ contact data, ensuring appropriate collection of data by all hotline counselors; Helps mental health professionals complete mandated reports and other relevant forms.
- Leads a weekly supervision group and provide support and guidance to Teen Line’s adult mental health professionals.
- Monitors and manages text messages received on hotline outside of operating hours
- Works closely with Program Director regarding efficient hotline and staff management through weekly meetings.
- Attends routinely scheduled meetings as requested or required for organization.
- Licensed MFT, LCSW, PhD or PsyD and 2 years of experience post licensure
- Ability to supervise AMFT or MSWs
- Experience in working with adolescents, preferably in groups
- Demonstrate current knowledge of all job specific skills including supervision, crisis intervention, suicide prevention, basic crisis line procedures, and multicultural and socio-economic issues.
- Efficient use of: Word, Excel, and crisis line related software, such as iCarol & Prevention Pays
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well on a team
- Record of demonstrated leadership and supervision; Ability to enforce policies/procedures while maintaining a supportive environment.
- Demonstrated record of exercising good judgment, punctuality and professionalism.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Employment continent upon passing initial background check (conducted every two years) and health clearance (includes flu shot, TB test and must provide vaccination record) by Cedars Sinai.
- Full-time (40 hours) Exempt: $60,000 – $63,000 starting salary, depending on experience
- Benefits package including 100% medical, dental and life insurance, and sick and vacation time after 3-month probationary period and 401K after 6 months of employment.
Teen Line is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please submit cover letter and resume to by July 30th to firstname.lastname@example.org.