COVID-19 has magnified the growing mental health crises of all youth.
Teen Line strives to help those most vulnerable and negatively impacted, youth from communities of Black, Indigenous & People of Color (BIPOC), given the critical disparities.
- Anxiety and depression has tripled during the pandemic, with Black and Latinx communities shouldering the heaviest burden.
- COVID-19 has worsened disparities for Indigenous and Native youth, who have the highest suicide attempt and death rates of all racial/ethnic groups.
- Black youth under 13 years are twice as likely to die by suicide than their White counterparts.
- Targeted racism has increased stress among Asian American students, who have reported more suicidal thoughts and attempts than White students.
NOW, MORE THAN EVER, TEEN LINE NEEDS YOUR HELP. WHAT YOUR DONATION WILL DO:
- SUPPORT additional costs for remote operation of programs due to the Pandemic.
- SPEARHEAD the development of a Youth Advisory Board to elevate youth voices.
- TRANSLATE Teen Line educational brochures into multiple languages.
- LAUNCH a Career Pathway Program, addressing shortage of mental health professionals of color and improving hotline diversity.
- FUND Teen Line banners at schools and hotline cards at food distribution sites.
Ways to Give:
Text “TeenLine2020” to 76278