What cause your illness?

Share your experience with mental health issues.
wildeagle
Here for Good!
Here for Good!
Add these numbers: 13
Water: a cup

What cause your illness?

Post by wildeagle » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:11 am

I'm wondering what cause other people's depression, anxiety...etc? My parents and my school cause the most, and now pretty much every person I met I'm afraid they don't like m, every friend I have I'm afraid to lose, and I can't stand that pressure anymore.
People tell me to look around and find the people you and and the ones who love you so you can hold on, but I don't love anyone and no one loves me, I don even love myself and I'm all alone trying to die but afraid again. I can't hold on, I have no one and I also lost myself.

ThinkingViolet
Here for Good!
Here for Good!
Add these numbers: 13
Water: a cup

Re: What cause your illness?

Post by ThinkingViolet » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:47 pm

I used to have bigger problems with depression before, every day was and still is in a way a battle. I pushed my parents away, in my case that was what I needed to do. I didn't have anyone whom actually helped me at some points, at some days I gave in and didn't do much. But those days when I was up for the fight I actually managed to do things. I am not telling anyone to do like I did (and this is a really shortened version of my story) but I thought that if I told you my story you will know you're not alone. My depression comes from loneliness, being bullied in the past, anxiety and my father in some ways. My anxiety comes from my depression, but also from the people around me and lastly it comes from myself too, things that I think and do. You said that you lost yourself, then my advice is to try and find yourself again. Easier said then done, I know that. I didn't mention my methods to deal with depression or feeling lost because they don't seem to be as common. I also recommend you to tell someone.

But try and find yourself again, you don't need to have all the answers for who you are, no one have them. As irritating the truth might be, you need yourself. And that's something only you can find, you need to find that small piece of hope or will. You can do that yourself, or with other peoples help, for example a psychiatrist, or a counsellor. For me it helped a lot when I talked to someone.