When you are having a rough day or need cheering up, sometimes all you need is a good song to turn your mood around and bring out your happiness.
We at Teen Line want to spread cheer wherever you are and wherever you go, so we’ve asked our teen volunteers for their personal song selections that make them feel good and smile. Thanks to them, here are 21 songs for the ultimate bad day playlist.
- “Bulletproof” by La Roux. “Dude, I can’t even listen to this song without dancing and singing along. Maybe it’s the beat? Or the empowering lyrics? Or maybe just the fact that this song reminds me of happy dance parties and fun moments? Whatever it is, I love it!” – Kimia
- “Uncloudy Day” by Willie Nelson. “It’s a song about spreading positive energy into the world!” -Scotty
- “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child “This song always picks me up because it is so empowering and really encompasses what it means to be resilient and strong. This song makes me feel like my biggest battle is not even a battle at all.” – Bianca
- “Don’t Stop believing” by Journey “I have been obsessed with this song ever since I was a child, and the upbeat feel and guitar solo never fail to bring me up” – Mara
- “Un Poco Loco” by Anthony Gonzalez and Gael Garcia Bernal “I love how up-beat and super fun this song is. I have memorized all the words so I blast it and sing along as loud as I can! – Sam
- “Latch” by Disclosure ft. Sam Smith “I like this song because it has a very upbeat and happy sound. Every time I listen to this song it makes me feel so good. The words are very reminiscent to certain experiences.” – Emma
- “Another Day in the Sun” by LA LA Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) “The music is very upbeat and the dancing brings a sense of joy and light. – Dylan
- “Girl from the North Country” by Johnny Cash + Bob Dylan “I love the story behind this song and the tune is really great. 10/10!” -Lydia
- “Smile” by Lily Allen “This song is super upbeat and happy. It makes me get out of bed when that’s the last thing I want to do. That’s a powerful thing.” – Avery
- “Lovely” by Billie Eilish ft. Khalid “This song makes me smile and it’s a song I love to sing, and when I sing it always improves my mood.” – Katie
- “Have it all” by Jason Mraz “This song makes me feel better when I’m down because it makes me think about the good things in life. It also makes me realize that we are going to go through things but we can overcome them. Not only that but the beat is very calm and it puts me in a happy mood.” – Andrea
- “I like it” by J Balvin, Cardi B and Bad bunny “This song makes me feel happy because when I first heard this song, I was with my friends driving to Malibu for a party. Every time I hear this song it reminds me of that day.” – Camila
- “Let It Be” by the Beatles “It reminds me to let go.” – Selene
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham! “It makes me wanna dance!” – Sabrina
- “House of Gold” by Twenty One Pilots “It makes me happy.” – Rachel
- “Take you Higher” by Goodwill Hook ‘n’ Sling “It makes me feel free and gives me summer vibes!” – Josie
- “Reality in Motion” by Tame Impala “The lyrics are good and the music is unique.” -Niyaz
- “Strawberry Fields Forever” by The Beatles “Because the Beatles are a classic.” – Cheyenne
- “Carry on Wayward Son” by Kansas “It talks about how you should move on and chill.” – Zura
- “Bad Day” by Daniel Powter “Because it makes me cry and helps me get through it.” – Lexi
- “Hey Soul Sister” by Train “Because it makes me Smile!” – Olivia
These are really good choices. They do help ease some bad moments and I appreciate that. Anyways, I realky badly wanted to be a part of teen line but apparently I’m too old to be a teen volunteer( I’m 17). Unfortunately, I’m too young to be an adult volunteer so, that sucks. I just wanted to help out. Thank you.
I’m going to send some of these songs to my friend when she’s having a bad day, like today. Maybe she’ll cheer up.